Manbij suicide attack caught on CCTV. U.S. troops were among those killed Wednesday in an attack in northern Syria, the U.S. military has confirmed today to the main stream media. The U.S.-led coalition in Syria, Operation Inherent Resolve, only confirmed in a tweet that coalition members "conducted a routine patrol" in Syria on Wednesday, and said it was still gathering information.
A U.S. military official, however, confirmed to CBS News senior national defense correspondent David Martin reports by Kurdish media outlets that at least two Americans were among the dead in the city of Manbij, not far from the Turkish border, after an explosion hit a coalition convoy.
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told CBS News on Wednesday that President Trump had been "fully briefed and we will continue to monitor the ongoing situation in Syria." She referred all further questions to the U.S. military.
Manbij is just 20 miles from the border with Turkey, in an area held by Kurdish forces allied with the U.S. military coalition fighting ISIS. The terror group's self-styled news agency Amaq claimed online that the attack was carried out by a member of the group wearing a suicide vest.
The London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights told Reuters that 14 people were killed in the attack, including two U.S. soldiers.
The U.S. has about 2,000 troops still in Syria, though President Trump has ordered a withdrawal which is expected to be completed within four months.
The U.S. has about 2,000 troops (illegally) still in Syria,
like many of the comments, it's a shithole and we should get our troops out of there, they've done their job turning the country into a shithole. It's only solidified the Syrians, besides, the Russians are doing all the fighting there... check out how we turned Syria into a shithole:
https://www.boredpanda.com/before-after-war-photos-aleppo-syria/